“We’ve seen two years of digital transformation happening in the space of two weeks,” TechUK‘s Deputy Chief Executive Antony Walker has been widely quoted. How does this equate to the technology job market? The question we are asked almost hourly. Some insights;
- Employer confidence is rising steadily, 15% growth in hiring in September
- Despite dire headlines in the media, the UK job market has returned to 62% of pre-Covid-19 levels (Source Totaljobs)
- Active job postings in the UK topped a million in July (Source REC)
- 40% of companies predict a pay freeze
- Basic pay growth among private sector employers is predicted at 1% in the next 12 months (Source CIPD)
- Tech Talent most demand : Cyber Security, DevOps and Data Scientist
- Commercial Talent most demand : Digital marketeer, Sales leader (acquisition) and Product Manager.
- New role created: Head of Remote (we are not sure if this is an HR, Infrastructure or Facilities responsibility?) We’d love to hear your thoughts
The market dynamic is still candidate driven in many skills areas. Great candidates are more cautious and require security and care. If you are planning your hiring strategy for 2021 let us help you with our insights.
Overall we are confident of the market recovery and continue to work with some tremendous brands.
Check out our latest vacancies for full details of searches.