My client is a rapidly expanding VC backed pre-IPO ecommerce optimisation technology provider with growing teams in America, London and the APAC region, and an enviable list of tier1 retail & fashion clients. Due to continued strong performance in the EMEA region they are keen to add a seasoned Analytics Director to the senior regional team.
My client is recruiting a European analytics leader to start and run their analytics practice in Europe. The position will ideally be based from their London office, but they will consider candidates who live in other parts of Europe who can work remotely and have easy access to air travel.
The position is hands-on technical, requiring deep dives into complex, variable, and incomplete data sets. The candidate will use the following technologies to analyse account and test data: Python, SQL Pandas, and Spark.
- Specify, monitor and analyse A/B tests. This means statistical analysis and the ability to analyse disparate data sets.
- Provide account analytics which may vary from account to account, which might not be well-specified in advance, and will include writing software to analyse and visualize data.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for accounts and internal stake holders.
- Present solutions and results to accounts in person and virtually – including taking part in sales visits.
- Work closely with the data science team in the US, the European sales team, and with the Customer Success team and others to successfully complete account projects.
- Mid-long term scope to begin to build a team around you from scratch
- Competent in graduate level statistical analysis (e.g. student t-test, non-uniform distributions)
- Proficient with SQL
- Proficient with Python, Pandas, and a visualization library such as Matplotlib or Bokeh
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies a plus.
- Customer-facing experience, including presenting to accounts.
- At least five year’s commercial work experience post-graduation.
- Experience working in statistical analysis (e.g. as an analyst, data scientist, or similar).
- Experience using Python commercially.
- Batchelors degree in a numerate subject (e.g. Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science) Master’s or PhD preferred (again in a numerate subject).
- Travel is required as part of this position; up to 20%. The successful candidate will travel in the UK and Europe and make trips to the US several times per year. Please note, candidates must have the ability to enter the US and travel easily in Europe.