Our client is a newly formed digital marketplace start up in London backed by a tier-1 US VC. They are looking for a highly entrepreneurial Co-Founder/ Chief Product officer to lead product & technology across the company. The business is set to make a huge impact when they come out of stealth mode and their innovative concept is sure to dominate the digital industry for years to come.
Are you highly entrepreneurial and looking to take a huge step forward in your career? Do you want to have the autonomy to build something from the ground up with guidance from some of the brightest minds in the international digital market? The Chief Product Officer will join as an early stage employee (Co-Founder) and be responsible for enhancing the businesses technical vision, leading all aspects of product and technical development according to the company’s strategic direction and growth objectives. This will be a board level appointment and a key hire to sit alongside a soon to be appointed Engineering Director.
- Work with the CEO and Investors to ensure a product roadmap is defined and implemented
- Work closely with the CEO & Founder to determine the vision and roadmap for the future of the platform.
- Increase company and platform scalability by embracing new technologies and trends in highly engaging consumer facing platforms.
- Become an industry visionary, representing the company externally in driving industry trends in consumer platforms
- Drive quality of product and Engineering
- Set examples, remove blockers, support team from above
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and a path for growth within the product team
- Responsible for the design, development and architecture of all major solutions, including the establishment of company-wide software development best practices
- Strong product development and leadership track-record
- Proven experience, working for a B2C platform that focuses on consumer engagement
- Strong track record of successful delivery as an individual contributor and leader
- Managed teams 5-20+
- Knows how to structure product teams around product or functions (UI/UX/API/Architect)
- Extensive product management background
- Ability to attract and recruit a strong team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial background and passion for a the startup world
- Hands-on software development experience
If you are a Product Director or Head of Product looking to make their next move or an established CPO working in an exciting B2C business please apply to Lee@expandexecutivesearch.com