Expand are looking for an WiFi Test Engineer to help in the integration of the next generation of mesh into broadband products (i.e STB, CPE router/gateway, WiFi Extenders). Testers will need to clearly demonstrate relevant experience in CPE Devices (not IT systems or application), and examples of testing they have previously done.
As such you will:
- Ensure the wireless quality and performance of all legacy, prevailing and developing CPEs.
- Fulfill the role of ‘subject matter expert’ for wireless technologies and wireless testing across Liberty Global / affiliates.
- Act as an integral part of the Wireless Engineering team, helping it achieve key deliverables required to meet business goals.
- Ensure wireless technical changes and performance are tested to an agreed time, cost and quality.
- Support all CPE test activities as directed by the team / Manager.
- Support direction and uniformity across projects and workstreams including processes, standards, documentation, test methodology, etc.
- Ensure all test deliverables are tracked, reported and delivered to time, cost and quality.
- Proactive approach to day to day worksteam activities, testing and team’s delivery requirements.
- Own and manage test issues through to resolution.
- Provide test progress / issues / risks status reporting back into the departmental Manager and prevailing workstream stakeholders.
- Maintain an effective and proactive interface to other Engineering and Technology teams, business functions, work streams stakeholders, vendors and 3rd parties; providing test expertise as required in the delivery of change / test roadmaps.
- As wireless test ‘subject matter expert’ the candidate should manage well-co-ordinated test processes / test scope / test improvements for the team.
- Drive all relevant workstream test activity against delivery time estimates, test scope and test plans (high and low level).
- Coordinate with the Capability Engineer(s) to ensure the test facility config / set-up / infrastructure is made available in a timely manner, aligned with the Programme’s test deliverables / timings.