This is an exceptional opportunity for someone to be a Technical lead within one of the top players in the carrier neutral space. You would be responsible for all of the data centre engineering operations at one or more facilities and be responsible for the direct supervision of the facility and the data centre engineers.
- 5 years related facility management experience in Data Centre operations (or related electrical or mechanical engineering field) managing or leading data centre operations teams in a large scale mission critical environment. Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Solid and proven experience in the construction, commissioning, acceptance and operation of mission critical systems, including state-of-the-art electrical distribution systems, static and rotary UPS, HVAC systems, chillers, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems
- Solid and proven knowledge on cooling systems and cooling machines (and regulation F gasses)
- Strong understanding of infrastructure redundancy configurations and equipment and their risks (N+1, 2N, ATS/ STS, Failover Scenarios)
- Proficient in reading/understanding MEP drawings.
- Knowledge of structured cabling systems, networking and connectivity standards, and hardware installation requirements (preferred)
- Proficiency in colocation operations, including the installation and deployment of cage, rack and cable infrastructure, as well as, power circuit installation and power monitoring (preferred)
- Ability to evaluate the 3rd party vendor work for quality control, communicate and schedule vendors, and review and improve vendor scope and procedure of work to meet standards of operation
- Strong knowledge of PLC theory and functionality.
If you’d like to part of a mission to provide customers with the trusted foundation of the Digital world then call Ben now – 01273 668710