Short term Legal Counsel contract for a fascinating not for profit organisation in the global scientific community.
- Provide or procure appropriate advice on commercial/contract law matters, contract disputes, laws and regulations taking into account internal policy, process and governance.
- Draft, negotiate and review contracts at all stages of the contract lifecycle – RFP to in-life contract management variations and renewals.
- Lead on complex or bespoke contracts or legal matters, co-ordinating between internal clients and third-parties (advisers, vendors, collaborators or partners).
- Help develop new ways of working for the legal team and new ways of delivering legal services. This may include creating/updating processes and templates, creating/delivering internal training, streamlining the Crick’s contracting process including in-life contract management process, and maintaining the contract documentation database, and legal approval process.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Support and supervise junior team members. Instruct and manage external law firms.