The company is an advanced semiconductor development and manufacturing company dedicated to enabling the integration of photonics and electronics through both monolithic and hybrid approaches to device design and packaging. This is a great opportunity to join an organisation specialising in optoelectronics, fiber-optics sensors, and photonics systems applications.
The role as Senior Photonics Packaging R&D Engineer is to develop packaging processes and capabilities to meet company’s technology and product roadmap. Aligned to and integrate with in-house manufacturing capabilities and outsource.
Additional responsibilities are to design and develop advanced photonics packaging process technology, and renders major contribution in transforming the company’s inhouse APT operations (Assembly, Packaging & Test Process) to a world-class Hybrid PIC (Photonics Integrated Circuit) manufacturing operation — of high performance and low-cost lasers and transceivers products for the global markets for data-centers interconnects, data-communications and photonics sensors
The benefits of joining this fantastic company are to work in a high-tech environment and to join a world class, fast growing engineering team addressing the rapidly growing adoption of photonics and opto-electronics solutions in communications, data centres, healthcare and the Internet of Things around the world.
- Design and develop advanced photonics packaging process technology, and renders major contribution in transforming company’s inhouse APT operations (Assembly, Packaging & Test Process) to a world-class Hybrid PIC (Photonics Integrated Circuit) manufacturing operation — of high performance and low-cost lasers and transceivers products for the global markets for data-centres interconnects, data-communications and photonics sensors
- Perform design and modeling of laser waveguide optics and beam propagation (Zemax – physical optics propagation), and derive physical packaging configuration with design for manufacturing (DFM) parts and process tolerance analysis
- Perform thermal and mechanical design and analysis (Solidworks) and derive mechanical and thermal model of assembly configuration, including specification of DFM parts and process requirement and tolerances
- Minimum Education: Post-graduate Degree (PhD training in Silicon Photonics, laser optics engineering, semiconductor test/packaging (optoelectronics, MEMS, electronics) preferred)
- Minimum Experience: Minimum 5 years’ working experience with technical background in silicon photonics or optoelectronics packaging and test processes, and/or optomechanical assembly and test environment. Proven working experience in laser chips and/or passive waveguide optics chips, either in packaging design or processes, and program/project management in the manufacturing industry.
- Specific Knowledge / Skills: Possesses strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate cross-functionally with R&D, Quality and Operations, Understanding process validations. Experience using Lean Manufacturing tools. Knowledge of up-to-date production and automation equipment, processes, designs and functions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven organizational skills and multi-tasking skills
Interested? Contact Ramon Della Torre at Expand Executive Search on firstname.lastname@example.org